Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Master Bedroom Update

Here's a little update on the Dean's bedroom. We've made a little progress but still aren't anywhere near finish. I do have a lot of dreams and aspirations for this room but hopes and dreams don't fund themselves in my world lol. So we're taking baby steps for now.
Before


Before

Pre-Flat Screen
I had a large vase in mind for our newly turqouise and gold dresser but my husband went loco and bought a flat screen and slapped it in that spot instead. So now we need to get rid of the cords immediately or soon lol. A Wiremold Flat Screen TV Cord Cover Kit would probably be perfect.

Current

We still need to paint the dresser but it won't be this week. My husband refuses to paint it in the room and sadly, I can't help him move it outside so unless I paint it behind his back, it won't get painted till after the baby comes. Walls: now even though we've started the wall decor, it still loooks empty. The solution: vinyl writings and tall floor vases. [Shrug] sounds good to me. I have my eyes set on a few things from Etsy and the HofS Shop but I don't want to rush anymore purchases until I am positive about what I want and where I want it.

Current
My next issue is with the door and the trims. We won't be taking on that project until spring. It should be fast, cheap, and easy. White everything is my vision. I believe it softens the boldness of the "red" and "yellow." If we were into crown moulding, we'd definitely be able to create a better flow but meh...we'll pass. As for our headboard, we still do not have a clue. My husband has basically shot down all my ideas and has none of his own lol so when it comes to the headboard we are stuck.




Thanks for checking out my room progress. I am beyond open to ideas and tricks to get this car out of neutral.

♥Dia♥

2 comments:

  1. I love the yellow and red together.
    I agree that white would look good.
    Making progress :)
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...