Friday, April 20, 2012

Reality check

Ever since I can remember, I've always had focus issues. My poor attention span has sometimes stopped me from completing projects, following directions, hearing whole stories, being professional, etc. I was once in my supervisor's office getting chewed out and half way through he caught me in lala land. I don't know when he lost me but I can clearly recall thinking about the discoloration along his gum line. His gum line then reminded me of my dental appt. My dental appointment then reminded me of the time I told my dentist that when I floss or use a toothpick, I usually irritate my gums until it hurts really good and my dentist just stared at me for what seemed like two very awkward minutes.
That's the randomness of my thought pattern. I have a little over 5,000 ideas a day and I start 40% of those ideas a day. I complete 5% of those ideas a month. The real problem is that although I wish I could get more done in less time, I am actually okay with it. I make plans to be better at sticking to plans but those plans usually fall through so what I won't do is pretend to be focused. I've had so many Makeover accomplishments in this house that I haven't blogged about because as soon as I complete a mission I add more to it and end up moving on to something else. I take pictures but have so many ideas on how I should display them that I end up not displaying them. Sigh...my world :)
So how can I make this work? I will accept that things aren't perfect and share my efforts even if it's not complete and perfect. Step by step, day by day. Starting tomorrow lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...